The abandonment rate of shopping carts is under 70%. It’s a lot.
I love learning from popular websites how they decrease this ratio.
Let’s unhide their strategies.
- Fewer fields = more sales. Remove unnecessary fields that you can ask by email or phone. Ask to fill these fields after registration to share additional benefits. For example, significant discounts for birthdays.
- Almost all popular websites use wishlists. Customers are busy and have no time to buy right now. They sometimes need to think a little bit before buying. H&M, Swarovski, Fendi, Max Mara have the heart symbol that adds to your wishlist.
- Recommend accessories that complement a product, e.g., covers for smartphones.
- Provide more selling options: PayPal, debit/credit cards, cash, bitcoin, etc.
- Use orange/red buttons that are different from the website design. It increases CRO by 30%.